Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The ugly

Set-up: I haven't gotten my highlights done since Oct. 13th. I hate going---it costs too much, it takes too long, and since I switched places I'm not fully confident in what I'm going to get. Dave is on break so I made an appointment for yesterday to get the roots done.


As the stylist was combing through my hair, she asked "Have you been very stressed lately?"

(Stressed? Life over here is a piece of cake!)

Me: No, not really. Why?

Her: Well, you're losing a lot of hair.

Me: Well, I think I always lose a lot of hair (Hmm, maybe it has been more than normal recently). Good thing my hair is so thick. Ha, ha, ha.

Her: Hmmm. Let me show you.

At this point she parts my hair is several different places and points out that I have little bald spots, about the size of a pencil eraser, scattered throughout my head. Yikes.

Her: You need to not stress so much. Don't worry, don't worry. Everything works out.


And with that reassurance, she bleached the hell out of my hair. I looked like this:


To be fair, it doesn't look terrible down, in that lighting, but check out this:



Holy crap.

After some freaking out, I went back this morning for lowlights, which brought it a little darker than usual, but at least I don't look like that anymore.
Repaired-ish:




Anyway, I think that if you share, you should share the good, the bad, and the ugly. So there's your dose of ugly for a while :)

No comments: